Google+ Followers

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Cotton Cossies

 I have spent a considerable amount of time with my thoughts totally on designing a bikini  in cotton that has no zip! Here is my first sample pair of Vintage inspired cotton bikinis......


 The thing I adore about this bikini top is the supportive bra like fit. This is very similar to the 1960's bikini tops that actually had dart fitting. Because they are made from cotton you have the fabric support which does not droop when it is wet! we all know that feeling after you emerge from the surf  discovering you need to tuck your boobs back in :)
 The bikini is fully lined with swimwear lycra lining . These knickers are fabulous! They have a panel of shirring down each side which is comfy and snuggy. I added the gathered skirt front , which is very flattering and hides a little tummy too :) 
 Trimmed with funky ric rac, which is a total definite for retro vintage cute things , lol..... 
I chose quilting cotton to make these in as there are a zillion fabric patterns to chose from which have a quirky vintage feel. It also has great durability and strength in every day wear!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment